The Childcare Subsidy Program is run by the Provincial Government and it is designed to assist families with daycare costs. The program does not pay the entire childcare fee; instead the subsidy pays a portion of the fee and the families are expected to pay the balance.
You may be eligible for a Childcare Subsidy if you:
- are employed or self-employed;
- are attending an educational institution or enrolled in distance education;
- are seeking employment or participating in an employment-related program;
- have a medical condition which interferes with your ability to care for your child;
- have a child attending a Licensed Preschool;
- have been referred by a Ministry of Children and Family Development or delegated Aboriginal Agency social worker.
A calculation that takes into account your income and family size determines eligibility. If you earn less than the income exemption level for your family size, and you meet one of the criteria above, you are eligible for a full subsidy.
If you earn more than the income exemption for your family size, and you meet the above criteria, you may still be eligible for a partial subsidy.
The Childcare Subsidy can be used to help pay for the following types of care:
- licensed or license-not-required family childcare facilities
- licensed group child care centres (Service provided by Jolly Giant Childcare)
- licensed out-of-school programs (Service provided by Jolly Giant Childcare)
- licensed preschool programs (Service provided by Jolly Giant Childcare)
- the child’s own home
To apply for government childcare subsidy please contact us.
Government Subsidy Contact Information:
- Greater Victoria: 250-356-6501
- Outside Greater Victoria Phone: 1-888-338-6622 (Press #1)
- Outside Greater Victoria Fax: 1-877-544-0699